Lower Mary River Land and Catchment Care Group focus their activities on sustainable land / weed management, addressing threats to coastal systems and species (including EPBC-listed marine turtles and shorebirds) in Hervey Bay & Maryborough.
The group carries out a number of activities including:
- Weed working bees at sites including Fay Smith Wetlands, Big Woody Island & adjoining islands in Great Sandy Strait & Sandy Cape.
- Shorebird monitoring & participation in National Summer/ Winter Counts in Great Sandy Strait Ramsar Wetland.
- Turtle tagging/ monitoring of resident green turtles, nesting green/ loggerhead turtles in GSS.
- Community information / training events to engage new members into coastal conservation.
- Development of media articles to promote events & coastal/marine conservation.
For more information, please contact Lesley Bradley on firstname.lastname@example.org